Few suggestions and a question re Braking Gs

After a couple of weeks of using RS, here are my first suggestions:

• the “shoe” should show in the column of the runs list ;

• the scale for the graph should be adjustable : the scale is so large sometimes that when you compare runs you have the impression that the metrics were very different whereas the difference is in fact very small, and almost unsignificant…

• there should be a possibility to smoothen the graphs : what I mean by that is that when you look at the speed graph for instance you see a lot of ups and downs whereas the runner speed is quite constant : the speed cannot go from 5:00 to 5:20 per mile within a manner of seconds…this could be the shoe speed (that has some many variations ?!) but it is not the runner’s speed… All these large ups and downs render the reading of the graphs more difficult : you have to go into the figures and compare them.

• comparison: it would be interesting to have access to more refined data to understand how the comparison works (for instance, the data for a given weight…age…). Or for instance, to know what is the standard for considering someone in the low, medium or high efficiency.

As for the question:

I am a midfoot runner. I forced my stride to be a heel striker for two track laps. I compared the metrics with my midfoot strike on the same distance. The RS shows that:

• the Impact G’s are higher with a heel strike: that seems very logic;
  • but the Braking G’s are lower with a heel strike ; I dont understand how this could happen (being specified that my cadence was lower for the heel strike (171 v 181)). The contact time is higher in foot strike as well as the Impact Gs but the Braking Gs are lower ? Does it mean that there is a correlation between the Braking Gs and the contact time. The more the foot stays on the ground, the less the Braking Gs are ? meaning the foot slows down more slowly for each impact.

Thks,